Your way to the top with a first-class education in private banking
CIWM in Brief
The Certified International Wealth Manager (CIWM®) is an advanced, internationally recognised education programme for experienced professionals in the wealth management industry. It is set at degree/graduate level with a strong practical focus.
What makes the CIWM so unique?
The CIWM training program
- ensures an in-depth knowledge of international wealth management and tax planning that reflects the cross-border connections and investment of today’s wealth owners
- teaches sophisticated techniques to assess a client’s overall financial situation and risks
- takes a holistic approach to a customer’s financial and personal situation (accounts, tax, cash flow, portfolio, real estate, family etc.)
- focuses on the psychological factors influencing the customer and the advisor (behavioural finance)
- considers the relationship between the advisor and the customer (relationship management)
- has a truly international focus
- is taught by academics and business experts who are renowned and recognised specialists in their chosen fields
Who should study for the CIWM?
The Certified International Wealth Manager CIWM® is a diploma set at degree/graduate level with a strong practical focus. It is aimed at financial, legal and other professionals who already work in the wealth management industry and are keen to develop their in-depth knowledge and expertise. CIWM is tailor-made for:
- Customer advisors
- Investment advisors
- Financial planners
- Wealth managers
- Asset managers
- Relationship managers, etc.
The learning materials are written in English and have both practical and theoretical sections. Carefully designed to accompany the course, they guarantee you the best possible learning support.
Graduates with the CIWM® diploma are eligible for key positions in customer advisory services (private banking).
Online training & Internet support
In addition to the course teaching, CIWM® students have access to various online learning tools.
AIWM works with training providers in various countries offering instruction courses preparing for the CIWM® examinations. The course duration depends on the structure of the local programme. Some course providers integrate the CIWM® into a larger programme and several offer pre-courses.
The course materials (available in English) have been written by highly qualified specialists from Switzerland and around the world. The materials complement the contents of the course and guarantee the best possible learning support.
The examinations are open to anyone working in the domain of financial analysis, portfolio management, private banking, wealth management, financial planning investment advice and investment in general, provided that the admission conditions are fulfilled.
The AIWM may decide candidacy requirements according to local conditions, which may include the candidate having a local professional or other membership status in good standing, a university degree or equivalent in professional work experience, etc.
Detailed information about the exams can be found on the Examinations page.
CIWM® students will automatically become a student member of AIWM and will therefore have all of the benefits of membership, such as
- invitations for AIWM events
- access to an international network offering you worldwide opportunities
In recent years, representatives from the following companies have participated in the CIWM® programme (Excerpt):
AIG Private Bank
Bank Julius Baer
Banque Cantonale de Genève
Banque Cantonale Vaudoise
Deloitte & Touche Experta
Lloyds TSB Bank
Lombard Odier Darier Hentsch
Neue Zürcher Bank NZB
Rahn & Bodmer
Union Bancaire Privée